ADVA Fiber Monitoring
Fiber assurance solution for lean operations – ADVA ALM
Fiber is a high-value asset. It transports huge amounts of data, generating significant revenue. Fiber failure demands immediate action but a lack of information about the nature of a problem often makes this impossible. In-service fiber monitoring solves this issue and our unique ALM does it with unrivaled efficiency.
Operations teams have one key objective: run a complex communication infrastructure as efficiently as possible. In the event of network failure, a root cause analysis should not require on-site field forces with expensive measurement equipment.
Giving customers higher bandwidth services should be possible without changing demarcation device. Gathering real-time information about the integrity of the fiber network should not require a costly new kit. Proactive fiber link monitoring solves those challenges. Our ALM is an in-service advanced link monitoring solution for highly precise, real-time monitoring of fiber links. It streamlines operational processes, shortens repair cycles and enables service-agnostic network demarcation.
- ADVA ALM Benefits
- Improved service quality. Real-time information on fiber integrity for fast failure detection and short repair cycles.
- Non-intrusive monitoring. Inherent compatibility of demarcation reflectors with any user data protocol as well as multi-wavelength transmission systems.
- Streamlined operations. In-service fiber monitoring for immediate separation between failures of active devices and problems with
the fiber plant.
- Higher availability Detecting degradations and initiating countermeasures before services are affected and SLAs are violated.
- Simplified demarcation. Passive demarcation reflectors for operation without power supply even under harsh environmental conditions.
- Intuitive management interface. Integrated with market-leading geographic information systems (GIS) to quickly and easily localize fiber issues.
|Fiber link monitoring||